The District 15 PR & Communications Committee is conducting a survey to help us identify how we can best serve the needs of our clubs. Please take a few minutes to answer the following questions or have the most qualified person in your club complete the survey. All answers are confidential and need to be returned no later than Friday December 9, 2016. Thank you for your time in this important matter.
Zonta is an international service organization working to advance the status of women through service and advocacy. Members of Zonta Clubs are actively engaged or have experience in a decision-making capacity in a recognized business or profession.
If you are a professional or a business executive and you are interested in becoming a member of a Zonta Club in District 15, complete this form.
* Dues - new members joining between June 1 - Nov 30: District dues $20.00. International dues $83.00 plus $15.00 application fee. (payable in U.S.D.)
* Dues - new members joining between Dec 1 - May 1: District dues $10.00. International dues $43.00 plus $15.00 application fee. (payable in U.S.D.)
* Individual club dues may also be collected.
Welcome, to the official website for Zonta International District 15
Zonta International is a leading global organization of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy
Zonta Says NO to Violence Against Women & Children, 16 Days of Activism
November 25 - December 10, shining a light on this unacceptable situation.
Did you know?
- Domestic Violence and Its Effects: Every 9 seconds in the U.S. a woman is assaulted or beaten?! Statistic from National Center Against Domestic Violence (National Statistics Domestic Violence.pdf) Posted day one of 16 days of activism. Nov. 25
- 41,000 girls become brides every day, often to older men.This is 28 girls per minute; 1 of 9 is under 15 years of age! (Another disturbing statistic = We need ACTION!) Posted day 2 of 16 days of activism. Nov. 26
- Violence on Campus:1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men in the U.S. are targets of attempted or completed sexual assault while they are college students. 4 in 5 victims knew their attacker. Violence on Campus is an issue that any student needs to be able to report and be heard and supported. Posted day 3 of 16 days of activism. Nov. 27
- Achieve Gender Equality and Empower all Women and Girls. Achieve gender equality for ALL - women & girls. Posted day 4 of 16 days of activism. Nov. 28
Silence Hides Violence! Click on the following link and check the incredible commercial that was produced by the Zonta Club of Fenton raising awareness about Domestic Violence and Teen Dating Violence. Zonta Club of Fenton You Tube Commercial
Zonta Advocacy - Taking Action To Raise Awareness and Educate
A county council in England has come up with a clever and discreet way of combatting sexual violence and abuse.
A photo posted to Twitter (and retweeted almost 30,000 times) shows a poster in the women's bathroom at a bar in Lincolnshire that advises anyone who is feeling unsafe on a date to ask the bar staff for "Angela"—a code word alerting the staff that someone is in need of help.
The copy reads: "Are you on a date that isn't working out? Is your Tinder or POF [Plenty of Fish] date not who they said they were on their profile? Do you feel like you're not in a safe situation? Does it allfeel a bit weird? If you go to the bar and ask for 'Angela,' the bar staff will know you need help getting out of your situation and will call you a taxi or help you out discreetly—without too much fuss."